You are here
Summer 2014 Internships
We are accepting applications from law students for our 2014 summer internship program. CAC interns are immersed in all aspects of the operations of our think tank, law firm and action center, and have ample opportunity to participate in the substantive legal work of our organization. Our summer internships carry a stipend of $2500. To apply, please email a cover letter and a copy of your resume to Kanessa Pryor: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAC is creating the new position of Development Associate to help grow our fundraising capacity, to coordinate all aspects of our development work, and to help ensure that we are capitalizing on foundation and major donor opportunities. The Development Associate will report to the President and Vice President.
CAC seeks a highly motivated and talented individual to fill this new position. The Development Associate’s responsibilities will include:
- Working with CAC’s President, Vice President, and other staff to help implement our fundraising strategy;
- Researching foundation and major donor opportunities and prospects and helping to identify prospective new donors;
- Maintaining a calendar of all grant proposal and reporting deadlines, and timely communicating those deadlines to appropriate staff;
- Assisting in the development of grant proposals and in writing grant reports, particularly including financial reports;
- Outreach to, and scheduling meetings with, potential funders;
- Corresponding with funders; and
- Assisting in the planning and execution of CAC-sponsored events
An undergraduate degree, excellent academic record, and at least 2-5 years of relevant work experience are required. Applicants should identify closely with, and be committed to, the achievement of CAC’s mission of promoting a progressive vision rooted in the Constitution’s text and history. Applicants should be enthusiastic team-players who can operate successfully among smart and mission-oriented people.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Kanessa Pryor:
Excellent benefits; salary will be competitive with salaries paid by other public interest legal organizations and commensurate with experience. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CAC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.