You are here
Development Manager – Position Available in July 2015
Constitutional Accountability Center (CAC) is a think tank, law firm, and action center dedicated to fulfilling the progressive promise of our Constitution’s text and history. The Center was launched in June 2008 to reclaim the Constitution’s text and history for progressives, to help move the judiciary in a more progressive direction, and to use arguments rooted in text and history to win court victories. To learn more about CAC, our mission, our accomplishments, and our people, please visit our website at www.theusconstitution.org.
CAC is growing rapidly and seeks a Development Manager to help increase our fundraising capacity, to manage and coordinate all aspects of our development work, and to help ensure that we are capitalizing on foundation and major donor opportunities. The Development Manager will report to the President and Vice President.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to fill this position. The Development Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Working with CAC’s President, Vice President, and other staff to help implement our fundraising strategy;
- Researching foundation and major donor opportunities and prospects and helping to identify prospective new donors;
- Maintaining a calendar of all grant proposal and reporting deadlines, and timely communicating those deadlines to appropriate staff;
- Assisting in the development of grant proposals and in writing grant reports, particularly including financial reports;
- Outreach to, and scheduling meetings with, potential funders;
- Corresponding with funders; and
- Assisting in the planning and execution of CAC-sponsored events
An undergraduate degree, excellent academic record, and at least 2-5 years of relevant work experience are required. Applicants should identify closely with, and be committed to, the achievement of CAC’s mission of promoting a progressive vision rooted in the Constitution’s text and history. Applicants should be enthusiastic team players who can operate successfully among smart and mission-oriented people.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Kanessa Pryor:
Excellent benefits; salary will be competitive with salaries paid by other public interest legal organizations and commensurate with experience. This position will be available in July 2015, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CAC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.