You are here
Opinion Shop Associate – Position Available June 2015
Constitutional Accountability Center (CAC) is a think tank, law firm, and action center dedicated to fulfilling the progressive promise of our Constitution’s text and history. The Center was launched in June 2008 to reclaim the Constitution’s text and history for progressives, to help move the judiciary in a more progressive direction, and to use arguments rooted in text and history to win court victories. To learn more about CAC, our mission, our accomplishments, and our people, please visit our website at www.theusconstitution.org.
CAC’s Opinion Shop reaches out consistently and comprehensively to editorial writers, columnists and op-ed editors to amplify our ability to deliver our message.
We seek a highly motivated and talented individual to assist the Opinion Shop Director, Press Secretary, and other CAC staff as directed in outreach to editorial writers, columnists, and op-ed editors. The Opinion Shop Associate’s responsibilities include:
- Pitching editorial ideas and op-ed pieces by telephone and email, and writing and promoting other media outreach materials to editorial writers, columnists, and op-ed editors;
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive and targeted media lists of editorial writers, columnists, and op-ed editors;
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with editorial writers, columnists, and op-ed editors at news outlets across the country;
- Researching quickly and writing effectively for an audience composed primarily of editorial and op-ed staff;
- Compiling and distributing daily news clips relevant to CAC’s work;
- Tracking news clips that our team has produced, compiling them, arranging them for professional-looking presentation in clip books and other formats, and making them available to CAC leadership and supporters on short notice.
An undergraduate degree is required, and at least two years of relevant work experience are highly desired. The applicant must possess extremely strong writing and other communication skills, and either be able to demonstrate proven results in pitching news stories or opinion pieces in a competitive news environment or clearly possess the skills to achieve such results.
Applicants should identify closely with, and be committed to, the achievement of CAC’s mission of promoting a progressive vision rooted in the Constitution’s text and history. Applicants should also be enthusiastic team-players who can operate successfully among smart and mission-oriented people.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Kanessa Pryor:
Excellent benefits; salary will be competitive with salaries paid by other public interest legal organizations and commensurate with experience. This position will be available in June 2015, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CAC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.