You are here
Research and Administrative Associate
CAC seeks a highly motivated and talented individual to serve as our Research and Administrative Associate, assisting our lawyers and communications professionals with legal and historical research, contributing content to CAC’s reports, blogs, and other publications, and performing administrative tasks. The Research and Administrative Associate’s responsibilities include:
- Researching constitutional and legal history, using primary and secondary sources
- Researching and writing factual and statistical reports about the federal courts, judicial vacancies, and Supreme Court and appellate court nominees
- Researching and writing about funding and programmatic trends in the conservative and progressive legal communities
- Assisting CAC’s litigation team in the production and filing of legal briefs
- Assisting CAC staff, particularly CAC’s President, with administrative and fundraising tasks
An undergraduate degree and an extremely strong academic record are required. Work experience of 1-3 years in a professional setting is desirable (particularly as a legal assistant or paralegal), as is undergraduate course work in constitutional law. This would be an ideal position for an individual seeking experience in a non-profit legal organization before attending law school.
Applicants must possess extremely strong and demonstrated research, writing and other communication skills, and be committed to the achievement of CAC’s mission of promoting a progressive vision rooted in the Constitution’s text and history. Applicants should also be enthusiastic team players.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Kanessa Pryor:
Excellent benefits; salary will be competitive with salaries paid by other public interest legal organizations and commensurate with experience. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CAC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.